Media Recording Studio (CATalyst & Learning Studios) Capacity: 6
The Media Recording Studio (MRS) in the CATalyst Studio is equipped with a floor-to-ceiling chroma key green screen backdrop, professional lighting and a podcasting workstation. Bring in your own camera and laptop or check one out at the Rhonda G. Tubbs Tech Toolshed on the 1st floor of the Main Library.
When you book the Media Recording Studio, you are reserving time for recording only.
- RODE Pro Podcasting Station with 4 Rode PRO Microphones & headphones
- Includes: 4 high-quality mic channels power studio condenser mics and conventional dynamic mics and feature automatic level setting and one-touch recording to a microSD card
- Features 8 programmable sound effects pads allow instant triggering of SFX, music, and more; record audio direct to the pads from any input or add files from your computer
- Interview remotely by simply connecting your phone via Bluetooth or with a TRRS cable; automatic “mix-minus” audio prevents echo being heard by callers
- Advanced build quality and engineering; Designed for studio tracking and mixing
- Microphones Available for Swap Out (for vocal/instrumental recording): AKG Perception 170, AKG D112, Shure SM58, Blue Yeti Pro & Rode Procaster (default microphones used)
Preparing for Your Reservation:
Having a good command of what you want to do and a sense of how you will do it is probably the most important aspect of creating media. Here's a few things to consider:
- Script or storyboard: Pre-planning helps ensure the media you create is easy to work with and requires the least amount of post-production as possible.
- Props: Bring any costumes, props and other items
- Equipment: please bring your own laptop/tablet to connect to our recording systems for podcasting or your own camera for recording video
- Clothing color: Avoid wearing green or you'll disappear into whatever content your sharing.
- Saving your work: make sure you have a way to save your videos and audio.
Power Available: Yes