Drop-In: Reference and Research Help
Drop-in reference complements our other Reference services (Ask Us Desk, Chat and Email) and provides a chance to have a one-on-one conversation about research, citation, locating online materials, using Library resources, etc. No appointment is necessary. Come to Room A213 (2nd floor Main Library - look for the red "Ask Us" sign). Just like at the Ask Us desk - you will be helped first-come, first-served. The librarian or staff member will admit you.
Wondering what we can help with? Here’s a few of the types of questions you can ask (but feel free to come with other questions!):
- How do I start a research project?
- How do I know if an article or book is a good one to use?
- How do I cite a source in my bibliography?
- What types of sources would be good for my project?
- How do I know if an article is peer-reviewed?
- I’m trying to find research on a topic and I’m just not finding any, what should I do?
- I’m trying to find research on a topic and I have way too many results, what do I do?
- I found an article on my topic but it’s too old, how do I find something newer?
And you are always welcome to Ask Us! at other times, too! You can chat, text, or come to any of our desks during all open hours. You can also email or make an appointment with your liaison librarian for more in-depth research help. .
- Monday, October 4, 2021 Show more dates
- 11:00am - 1:00pm
- A213 - Main Library- Bookable after 6pm Mon-Fri
- Student Learning & Engagement