Data Management on the HPC (Virtual)
Zoom link will be made available to registrants.
Do you want to learn how to work with your data files more effectively when using the UA High Performance Computing cluster? Come learn about how to apply data management principles and best practices in this joint workshop from Research Computing and the Libraries.
Part 1, 9-9:45: Overview of available resources and basic best practices
- Storage options on the HPC
- Data management best practices
- Transferring data into/out of the HPC
- Basic tools for file management and organization
Part 2, 9:45-10:30: Learn how to set up more advanced data workflows
- Open & reproducible science on the HPC overview
- Data organization
- Data management tools
- External backups
Attendees should have some exposure to/experience with the Unix shell.
See the data management events site for more.
- Thursday, September 28, 2023
- 9:00am - 10:30am