Software Carpentry aims to help researchers get their work done in less time and with less pain by teaching them basic research computing skills. This hands-on workshop will cover basic concepts and tools, including program design, version control, data management, and task automation. Participants will be encouraged to help one another and to apply what they have learned to their own research problems. After this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Use the command line interface to interact with the computer's files and folders
- Setup version control system for tracking changes and collaborating with your team
- Automate data analyses with the Python scripting language
- Create publication-quality data visualizations
This workshop will be held in the Main Library of the University of Arizona over the course of four afternoons. Participation in the workshop is free, space is limited, and registration is required.
The schedule and curriculum are availble at the workshop website.
This workshop is a collaboration between the Libraries' Research Engagement department and the UArizona Data Science Institute.
- Thursday, April 13, 2023
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Main B254/B252 Combined - Learning Studio CATalyst
- Research Engagement
- UA faculty & instructors UA graduate students UA staff
- CATalyst Studios Coding Software